If you are an aspiring children's book writer? QuickTurtle Books® is offering a book publishing contract to the best kids rhyme submitted to Books Make Booms per our contest rules by the closing date of Sept 30th, 2020. The winning kids rhyme will then be illustrated and published by QuickTurtle Books® in both paperback and ebook formats to be sold on Amazon.
Book Writer Contest Rules
1. Your children's book must be written in a kids rhyme pattern that rhymes the last word of line 2 with the last word of line 4 of each stanza*. Your potential book must contain 8 to 12 four line stanzas to qualify. Any violations of this rule will disqualify your book.
2. Your submission must be original work and never published in book form currently or previously. It cannot be simultaneously submitted to for publication elsewhere. Any violations of this rule will disqualify your book.
3. The book must be fitting and appropriate for the age group 4 years to 8 years. Age approriateness is far from a science and is a relative commodity. Use your best judgement. Absolutely no profanity or amoral topics.
4. The fee for each individual book submission is $6.00 American. You can enter more than once, but each additional submission is also $6.00 American. Submission payment can be done via PayPal or by check at time of submission. We do not accept credit cards and cannot honor requests for entry refunds.
The email address for our PayPal is firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Your submission must be post marked no later than September 30th, 2020.
6. Each submission must include: payment, name, address and email address.
7. The winner will be announced and notified in writing by November 15, 2020. No response will be made to non-winning entries. No entries will be returned unless accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope. At contest end all remaining entries will be destroyed.
8. The winning entry will be illustrated and published by QuickTurtle Books®. The winning entry will also receive partial royalties from books sold on Amazon, both paperback and ebook formats.
9. QuickTurtle Books® is the sole creator and judge of the competition.
Once the winning entry is illustrated and published, there is no gurantee of sales. Books simply do not sell themselves. It takes passion and verve to market and sell a book. We hope that you as the author will take it upon yourself to do the needed actions to promote and sell your work. You are the author, we are the illustrators and publisher.
QuickTurtle Books® will also promote your book on our on-line sites as well as at our live events. We promote all of our books in this fashion, which at the time of this writing total more than 30 different titles.